Bookshare.org and Linux

On Fri, 14 Jun 2002, Gil Andre wrote:
> Let's face it, with over 95%+ market share, Windows is *the*
> desktop standard and Internet Explorer *the* browser standard

I cannot agree with this statement. I choose my words carefully.
There is a world of difference between market dominance and
standards. Microsoft may wish us to believe that their practices
are standards, but they are not, in a dictionary definition of
the word--and in the sense that I'm using the word.Companies
don't make standards, they make products.