SV: problem with my cd rom drive

-----Ursprungligt meddelande-----
Från: blinux-list-admin@redhat.com
[mailto:blinux-list-admin@redhat.com]För Gil Andre
Skickat: den 29 juli 2002 10:16
Till: blinux-list@redhat.com
Ämne: Re: problem with my cd rom drive

i will answer as many of these questions i can.
i don't know the supplier or the model of my cd rom.
it is an ide cd rom drive.
the cd rom drive is internal.
i have tried both with boot disk loadlin and starting directly from the cd.
also, if i didn't said this in my previous message linux detects the cd and
begins to run the installation but something goes wrong while reading the
installation files

First things first:

What is the supplier of your cd-rom?

What is the model of your cd-rom?

Does it uses an IDE interface, or an SCSI interface?

Is it plugged in a USB port, a parallel port, or is it internal?

Are you booting straight from the cd-rom, or using a boot disk?

Please answer as many of the above as possible, or I am afraid
no one will be able to help you!

Take care,

--

Gil Andre          gandre@arkeia.com