installing via serial console

Hi list,

I just have a quick question about installing over a serial console.

I am needing to get a Debian system up and running with out sighted
assistance.  Now as Debian doesn't have any nice little toys like KickStart,
and I don't currently ahve a doubletalk or speakup compatible synth to hand,
I am wondering weather or not Debian can be installed via a serial console.

I know the Debian installation system is very menu driven, and probably uses
dialog, or ncurses or something like that, so it may not be too accessible.

Has anyone attempted to install Debian via a serial console before, and if
so how did you go about it, and did you run in to any problems along the
way?

Any info greatly appreciated.

Thanks