booting options

Hi:

I have not yet had a chance to check out the downloading problems you
reported with the floppy boot images for stock Red Hat booting. I will do
so when I can.

Meanwhile, I note the following in the kernel configuration file for my
I686 7.3 kernel:

CONFIG_NTFS_FS is not set
# CONFIG_NTFS_RW is not set

This suggests to me that you will need to compile a kernel in order to
obtain ntfs support from Linux. Doing this simply to obtain ntfs support
will not be particularly challenging, fortunately. Let's focus on that
after you have a working installation.

The other issue is that of dual booting your system. I am not up to speed
on the issues involved with booting more recent Microsoft OS's, so I'll
leave comment on that to others.