Links (with an I), Lynx (with a Y) and inaccessible sites

In fact, my reading of 508 suggests that the restriction on using Javascript
is tighter than the authors probably intended (it appears that they did
intend to allow  its use to a greater extent than W3C guidelines, which
require absolutely that Javascript support is not required). I forget the
details - I believe I sent them to the WAI Interest Group list about a year
ago. Anyway, I am not a lawyer, so it is worth leaving the fine points to
them.

But Janina is right. Section 508 (for those of you working in the US where it
is relevant) makes important restrictions  on the circumstances in which
Javascript is regarded as accessible.

Cheers

Chaals