anybody want to get involved re: usps.com

Darrell Shandrow <nu7i@azboss.net> writes:

[...]

> Yeah, well, hmmm, that's something I have often wondered...  Microsoft
> is a very closed, proprietary operating platform, yet it is riddled
> with security holes.  Linux and related operating platforms, with
> their open source model are much more stable and more secure.  In some
> ways, this would seem to defy logic.  If the code is widely available,
> it would seem easier to create exploits.  Why is this not the case?

Call it public code review.  The fact that the software is Open Source
makes it more secure because more people have an opportunity to
review the code and find security holes.

You're free to read the code for software you use daily.
Some people actually do this.

--
CYa,
  Mario