hard drive usage advice

On Mon, Jul 01, 2002 at 05:51:09AM +0200, Christian Schoepplein wrote:
> On Mon, Jul 01, 2002 at 07:18:53 +0200, Boris DAIX wrote:
> > "Travis Roth" <travis@travisroth.com> writes:
>
> [...]
> > > There wouldn't happen to be any way to repartition without losing
> > > stuff, a Partition Magic for Linux?
>
> Take a look at gnu-parted, maybe your looking for a programm like that:
>
> http://www.gnu.org/software/parted/parted.html
>
> I don't know what kind of filesystem parted is able to handle, but I've
> successfully resized and moved vfat-Partitions (fat32).

actually, Partition Magic handles linux ext2 partitions (see
http://www.powerquest.com).  i've used partition magic, although it's
a bit of an overkill for this longer-term "problem" (also, it doesn't
come with a text-mode interface AFAIK).

note that you can often just use symbolic links to indefinitely
postpone having to repartition.

--
Henry Yen                                       Aegis Information Systems, Inc.
Senior Systems Programmer                       Hicksville, New York