hard drive usage advice

Travis,

I don't know why your email doesn't wrap at about 72 characters. Annoying
to reply and edit lines individualy...

On Sun, Jun 30, 2002 at 08:21:44PM -0500, Travis Roth wrote:
> Hi Rafael,

> Thanks for the tips. Unfortunately the thing is already installed and
> configured, hate to go to the work of wiping all things out again. Will
> wait till it is necessary I guess.

If you haven't installed any proprietary stuff yet, it might be easier to
reinstall than fiddle with some king of "black magic" to achive the same
thing with more or less questionable results.

> I do agree on the defaults though, not good ones now that I understand what they actually are...

> There wouldn't happen to be any way to repartition without losing stuff,
>a Partition Magic for Linux?

I never tried that. It would be faster to reinstall the OS in my opinion.
I would tar /etc and other critical files to another system or disk drive,
reinstall the OS and restore the tared files.

--
Rafael