Still Having Fun with SCSI Emulation.

	I want to thank everyone on this list who has suggested
things for me to try to get my CD burner working under Linux.
The magic turned out to be in the device name.  Someone from this
list who I have thanked profusely, suggested for me to try the
raw SCSI designator as reported by  cdrecord -scanbus.  I did and
voila, it works.

	It certainly pays to be persistent.  I have been beating
on this problem since December 26 and lightly studying the issue
since long before.

	Again thanks to several of you and I hope I can repay in
kind soon.

	The only piece of advice I can give sounds kind of corny,
but it is to not give up.  This really has nothing to do with the
purpose of this list as the access to all the software is perfect
standard UNIX input and output so your talking or Braille
interfaces will, of course, tell you how things are going.

	The only thing more impressive than the open-source
software is the generosity of UNIX users in helping others.  If
one is trying to help him or herself, I have found that many UNIX
users are more than glad to lend a hand.

Martin McCormick