booting in to linux.

On Tue, Jan 15, 2002 at 10:29:22AM -0500, Mike Gorse wrote:
> On Mon, 14 Jan 2002, Rafael wrote:
>
> > What's most important about it is that it doesn't matter where the kernles
> > are. Another words, the BIOS limitation of 1024 cylinders is not limiting
> > you to boot from partitions that reside beyond 1024th cylinder.
>
> This can be done with lilo (starting with version 21, I believe) by
> placing "lba32" in /etc/lilo.conf.

Yes, but why bother with it when the other tool is so much better IMO. You
can edit the menu and other parameters from it's prompt. There is a
graphics file called splash.xpm.gz which dumps graphics on the screen. My
guess is that it could be replaced with some kind of sound file and
redirected to other ports for visualy impaired.

--
Rafael