Linux access to NT event logs

Hi, Tim:

We had someone on the speakup list a few months ago that was doing this,
or something similar. I'm sorry, I don't have his contact data, but I
suspect you could get it by looking at the speakup list archive at
http://www.linux-speakup.oprg. Search for a .mil address, and also for
cygwin, as that was the basis of the discussion.

Essentially, he's a U.S. Defense Department employee (blind) who was
administering several military NT servers using bash scripts within
cygwin. My recollection is that he said that it was much faster and more
efficient than doing the equivalent work directly with NT.