Linux access to NT event logs

Hi All,

Like most/all the members of this list, I'm more of a Unix/Linux person than
an NT person, and I'd like to stay that way.  However I've been asked to write
a PERL appplication to process an evennt log on an NT server.  I noticed that
there is a PERL package on CPAN called 'libwin32' which is designed to run
under 32-bit windows environments, but which includes the functionality for
event log processing that I'd like to be able to do on my Linux box.  As its
possible for one Windows box to process these logs on another Windows box, I
don't see why it shouldn't be possible to do the same using Linux. Has anyone
had any experience of this type or application, or could anyone recommend a
suitable newsgroup or website to post this question?

Many Thanks,

Tim Pennick