Plextor Plexwriter Another Question

On Fri, 4 Jan 2002, Martin G. McCormick wrote:

> 	I am also working on installing a Plextor CD writer on my
> Debian Linux system.  The biggest problem I have run up against
> is a little discontinuity in documentation.  I built a kernel
> an answered yes to SCSI emulation as well as yes to SCSI CDROM
> support and the kernel build went properly as far as I can tell.
>
> 	I haven't yet actually put the Plextor in to the system
> because I know for sure it won't work until I get all the SCSI
> issues solved.

If you do not have true scsi chances are good that this command will work:
modprobe ide-scsi
cdrecord dev=0,0,0 --data file.iso

I found cdparanoia to be much better than cdda2wav.
It is a while since i tried cdda2wav it might be better now, but when
i tried it, it did not work well.
One other thing, you need to make sure that your
ide cdrom driver does not grab the cdwriter as if it is a cdrom.
This happens by default if the append hdb2=ide-scsi or simmelar
statement is not in lilo.conf.
There is a good cdwriting-howto that explains these things.
It is werth reading.
regards, Willem