Speech server for Festival Lite

I have been working on a speech server to interface with Festival Lite.
It is intended to be compatible with Emacspeak, although I have mainly
been testing it with yasr and have only done rudimentary testing with
Emacspeak.  It should also integrate with BRASS without too much trouble,
although I do not use BRASS and have not tried to build it in shared
library form.  It uses Festival Lite's code for interfacing with the sound
driver, so it should support both OSS and ALSA drivers, although I have
only tested it with OSS drivers so far (it seemed to have trouble
compiling the last time I played with ALSA -- I believe the ALSA API has
been changing).  I have used the server successfully to get work done on
my notebook, in any case, and have put it up at
http://mgorse.home.dhs.org/eflite/ for anyone who might want to download
and test it.

-- Michael Gorse / AIM:linvortex / http://mgorse.home.dhs.org --