redhat bootdisks with brltty

Oh!  Very interesting.  Has somebody been using your laptop as a football
lately?  Reason I ask is that it sounds as if your floppy drive is
misaligned and/or dirty.  My forecast is for more bad disks to be written
by it in the near future and previously useable disks likely will quit
working that were made either for or on the laptop in near future if it
hasn't already started happening.