LINUX AND ADSL

Hello,
Pretty much any dsl setup should work.  If your DSL provider uses PPPOE (PPP over Ethernet) to assign IP addresses, you may need to do some extra configuration.  Alternatively, you could buy a dsl router that supports this.  Then, all you have to do is assign your Linux box a non-routable IP (for example 192.168.xxx.xxx).
Your dsl provider may give you a router as part of the setup.