brltty/braillelite and thinkpad laptop: oops

On Mon, 26 Aug 2002, Nicolas Pitre wrote:

> What I'm suspecting, though, is that the Red Hat 7.3 installation bootdisk
> uses a kernel which doesn't have built-in serial port support.

Or... floppy support which is required to load a ramdisk from a floppy.
Since the standard RH bootdisk is using an initrd to load its initial root
filesystem, it actually doesn't need to have built-in floppy support in the
kernel.  However it is required if a second floppy is used.

Nicolas