brltty/braillelite and thinkpad laptop: oops

Hi John and all. The reason why i haven't installed with speakup yet is that
there are some problems with the devian woody speakup cds and/or the base
floppies for debian woody. I was using floppies because I can't hook upto the
internet yet. However, I did get as far as partitioning my hard drive and have a
DOS partition in addition to linux, so I was able to install dOS with asap. I
may be able to install debian from my hard drive if woody still has a base
package. I can't connect my computers together yet, but I probably could put the
debian tgz file or whatever on cdrom and copy it to my laptop hard drive. I
can't use the floppy and the cdrom on the hard drive at the same time because
they are interchangeable in the ultrabay and i don't have a cable to connect the
floppyexternally, as I understand may be possible. You see, there are lots of
issues here and things get complicated. but I think you are right; I think I can
probably compile brltty on the thinkp
d once i have linux installed and it should be fine.

Cheryl