Using SSH

On Wed, 14 Aug 2002, John J. Boyer wrote:

 > Hello,
 > When I type
 > ssh domain.com
 > I get a message saying "host domain.com cannot be authenticated. RSA
 > Fingerprint Key is 1124i479878970985. Co you wish to continue?  Yes or
 > No." I suppose I am supposed to have a complementary key or whatever it is
 > caled, but I don't know how to get it. So where do I go from here?
As I can see it, you don't have the host in your known_hosts file.
If you type yes, ssh will add it and continue.
However, this is not the secure way.
If you are really security-minded do the following:
1. install gpg for secure E-mail
2. generate a keypair
3. give yoru public key to the maintainer of the host you want to connect
4. lte him/her mail you there hostkey
5. add it to the known_hosts key in your ~/.ssh/ dir
and try again

--
slainte mhaith (good health), slainte (cheers)
Uisce Beatha (water of live/health)