Problem installing Red Hat linux 7.2

HI:

i'm having a new PC custom built for me.  It already has DOS, Window s98,
and Windows 2000 installed on it.  It is a 2GHZ Pentium 4 machine using an
ABIT motherboard.  I just received this message from the person who is
building it for me:

I've run into a problem with Linux.  Linux does not appear to support the
IDE RAID controller, at least for booting.  The IDE RAID controller does
not
support CD-ROMs or ZIP drives.  The only way around this seems to be
moving
the hard drive to the main IDE controller in parallel with one of the
other
drives, but this is undesirable for performance reasons.  An alternative
would be to install a second hard drive just for Linux (it would still
result in reduced performance for that drive).

Any comments on this?  Is it possible to install Red Hat Linux 7.2 sothat
the mail IDE controller is not used?  Are there any other recommended
solutions?

this person feels it would be better to install linux on an older machine
by itself.  I don't really have room for the machine.  It is a 7-year old
machine and has the original Pentium chip with a speed of 100mhz.  The
current disk drive is a small 2GB SCSI disk and we would probably ahve to
get an IDE disk.  I was hoping to have all three operating systems ont he
same machine tos ave space.

I'd welcome any feedback you may have on this subject.

Thanks,
Barb