Speakup questions

>Remind us what Linux you installed and where you got it, please?

Redhat 7.1. I installed it from regular Redhat CD's.

A sighted friend has offered to help me with Speakup installation and the
kernel compilation. I should however have all the relevant files ready to
begin with.
I will be using Speakup with DoubleTalk PC internal synthesizer. Apart from
the file speakup-1.00.tar.gz, Which other files would I require?

Thanks,
Geetha