How to set up multiboot with linux as one OS?

Here's what lilo does for me that is specific to accessibility in my view.
To date, no one has shown me how to get this same functionality out of
grub:

1.)	Gives me a double beep via two Ctrl-G chars in my ASCII
/boot/message file;

2.)	Provides a "Boot>" prompt to whatever device I've connected on a
serial port specified in /etc/lilo.conf, according to specs provided in
that file;

3.)	Allows me to define single-char aliases for each of my kernel
configurations;

4.)	Allows me to specify a comfortable time interval for specifying my
choice before proceeding to boot a kernel I've defined as default;

--

				Janina Sajka, Director
				Technology Research and Development

Email: janina@afb.net		Phone: (202) 408-8175