pdf forms from Social Security

Understood.

Just trying to let you know that Social Security is a prime target for 508
compliance issues. Like all of our Federal government, they need to obey
the laws written for them. But, among all the Federal agencies, it's
perhaps the one most used by folks who are blind or visually impaired, so
let 'em have it! <grin>

I also happen to know that this kind of approach would get internal
support inside the government bureaucracy. They're a better target than
USPS, in other words. Again, as before, your word carries more weight than
mine in such things.  If you do complain, and if it ever turns into a
formal complaint, AFB may well be willing to back you up, though.