Date: Thu, 1 Aug 2002 16:33:57 -0400
From: RAY MORGAN <RMORGAN1@email.usps.gov>
To: chomiak <chomiak@chartermi.net>
Cc: HAROLD STARK <HSTARK@email.usps.gov>
Subject: Another update on Postal Store on usps.com

Cheryl,

Actually, we've made some good progress with the Postal Store web site.
We are able to use JAWS to enter the Postal Store and make a stamp
purchase using "Fast Stamps" (monitor turned off).  Work still remains
to be done on the site.  For one thing, the site times out too quickly
and doesn't ask the user if more time is needed.  This isn't good and
will be fixed in the coming weeks.

Regarding JavaScript, our eCommerce engine is heavily oriented toward
JavaScript.  We don't anticipate changing that in the near future.
However, we did spend considerable effort changing the site to make it
more accessible.  The feedback you gave us about being redirected to the
home page has been passed to our web developers.  Hopefully they will
have some ideas on how to quickly resolve the problem.

If you have the inclination, I would appreciate your taking another look
at the site and letting us know what happens.

The site is pre-Section 508; but we want it to be accessible.  At this
point the site is more accessible to at least a significant segment of
the population who use text-to-speech readers.  Thanks again for working
with us!

Ray Morgan
USPS