What Does Windows Call My Machine?

possibly my computer?

----- Original Message -----
From: "John J. Boyer" <director@chpi.org>
To: <blinux-list@redhat.com>
Sent: Tuesday, April 30, 2002 6:15 PM
Subject: What Does Windows Call My Machine?

Hello,
Ok. I'm to the point where I can mount the hard drives of the Windows
machines in our office using Samba. I even burned a CD of a directory
containing files for all the books we have produced. (200 Megabytes).
The
one problem remaining is that the Windows machines can't find my Windows
partition, or my machine, for that matter. I think I have to find out
what
they call my machine and its shares. But smbclient isn't much help. I
tried guessing, but apparently unsuccessfully.
Any help would be appreciated.
John

--
Computers to Help People, Inc.