As for the demo page

Cheryl and others,

At least for the demo page, lynx will fetch books from Bookshare if
NO_REFERER_HEADER is set to FALSE and REFERER_WITH_QUERY is set to
PARTIAL.  If REFERER_WITH_QUERY is set to DROP or anything else, then lynx
will not send the referring url to the download script since it contains
query data (ie, a ? followed by parameters).  NO_FILE_REFERER deals with
refers from FILE: urls (ie, pages on your local hard drive, rather than
the Internet) and is not relevant.

Now that I look at things, I am not sure that any special tool is needed
to unpack the files under Linux.  I downloaded a Daisy file, and it sent a
file with a .bks extension, but it was actually a zip file.  As far as I
know, there is not a Daisy reader for Linux, but there is no good reason
for that (other than none of us having taken the time to develop one).  I
would assume that nfbtrans can back-translate .brf files.

In any case, this all should be documented on Bookshare if it isn't
already, and feel free to pass any of this on, for those of you
corresponding with Bookshare folks (I do not have their e-mail addresses
off-hand and am too lazy to look them up).

 -- Michael Gorse / AIM:linvortex / http://mgorse.home.dhs.org --