Telling people to read manuals.

Jude, you use alt-f1 (not alt-1) to get to the first virtual console.
Also, your point about man pages is especially true for gnu tools; they
generally have man pages that state that they may be outdated and suggest
that the user use the info documentation instead.  When a program has Info
documentation, it is generally more thorough than the manpage.

--Michael Gorse / ICQ:22583968 / http://mgorse.home.dhs.org