Possible Virus

--6c2NcOVqGQ03X4Wi

On Tue, Sep 18, 2001 at 10:45:59AM -0700, Karl Dahlke wrote:
> Stay on Linux for a while -
> there appears to be a new windows virus running around.
> It plants some program, somehow, then connects on port 27374
> and does lots more damage, and I do mean damage.
> If you do run windows, you might want to block that port for a while.

As in, hardware damage?  Damn, it's been years since I saw a virus that
could actually screw with people's hardware.  Last one I remember made
your video card do something that would toast old monitors.  Wouldn't hurt
new ones of course, but the threat of fried hardware was a _GREAT_
motivator for people to install the patch.

I still get Code Red hits en masse to this day.  Morons.

--=20
Joseph Carter <knghtbrd@bluecherry.net>            Free software developer

* knghtbrd does the ET thing
<knghtbrd> anybody got a speak-n-spell?