intimidating replies!

As a unix long time user, but a linux wanta bee,
I find myself most intimidated  and afraid to ask questions,
by all the rtfm answers!

Of course I am perfectly willing to rtfm,
but many of you do not even point to the location of the manuals and other docs.

And after the, to me, hostile tone of your rtfm reply,
I often find myself most reluctent to ask for the location of the docs!

This problem even exxtends to several whom I have considered among my
long time friends.

If you must quote me, please put your comments first.

I have already listened to mine.
I read email with speech.
So it is not possible to scroll past the quotes without listening to them again,
to quickly get to the new information.

Thanks.