system status

Hello
On Tue, Sep 04, 2001 at 06:12:42PM -0400, Jude DaShiell wrote:
> As I wrote in an earlier message to this list, lilo didn't come up and ask
> if I wanted to pass it any parameters during the installation process.
Old versions of Lilo were text only: you had to type the name of the OS and
the parameters. For example:
linux speakup_synth=ltlk
Newer versions are more graphic based: you have to choose the OS with cursor
keys; anyway, when the system boots up and the Lilo screen appears you can
always press Ctrl+X to go to text mode, and you can type your parameters
such as "linux speakup_synth=ltlk" in the same way.