From: "Rafael Skodlar" <raffi@linwin.com>
To: <blinux-list@redhat.com>
Sent: Tuesday, September 04, 2001 10:22 AM
Subject: Re: "Kernel: eth0: card reports no resources "

On Tue, Sep 04, 2001 at 02:05:05PM +0300, Lior Zamir wrote:

> Hi Linux users,
>
> I have a problem which I need your help in.
> I'm working with RedHat 6.2 and after pushing a lot of traffic through
> the box I get the following error message:
>
> "Kernel: eth0: card reports no resources "

It would be most helpful if you included the make of your ethernet card.
If it's made by Intel then there are known problems with older drivers. My
suggestion is to look into what driver you use for the ethernet. Seeing
you use RH6.2 it might be a good idea to download one of the newer kernels
(you do not say which one you use) and staticaly compile the right driver
for your card into it.

It's also possible you have flaky interface or the hub. You may want to
plug the patch cord into another port on the hub to eliminate that
possibility. Other than that you may try different kind of ethernet card
and see what happens.

 Anything else beyond that is a mere speculation.

> After a while the machine stops responding and I cannot even ftp/telnet
> too.
> I saw a lot of questions around the web with the same symptom, but for
> some reason no one gave a straight  and conclusive answer.
>
> PLEASE HELP!!!
>
> Lior Zamir

Hope it helps.

--