getting pump to bring up my connection during boot

Yes, that worked, although now when I type "pump -i eth0 --status" from
the command line I get "operation failed", but the interface is definitely
up and working. Having looked at the interfaces file and man page, it
probably would be more organized within debian to use that approach, but
it may take me a while to figure out exactly how to do it, so I'll just
stick with the mynet.sh file and its symlink for now.

                              Cheryl