Vmware

I've installed VMware 3.0 beta on a 350 Mhz Pentium 2 with Win 98SE and
Win-Eyes 4.1 on a virtual disk. It runs, but very very slowly. I have also
had earlier versions on my Thinkpad which is a 750 Mhz Pentium 3. This was
sluggish, but tolerable.

Considering what's involved, I'd say more power is definitely helpful.
After all, we're talking about running a virtual OS inside a host OS. This
gives all of the inefficiencies of the Win OS, plus the mapping to linux
and then the execution of all the linux calls.

--

				Janina Sajka, Director
				Technology Research and Development

Email: janina@afb.net		Phone: (202) 408-8175

Chair, Accessibility SIG
Open Electronic Book Forum (OEBF)
http://www.openebook.org

Surpassing Gutenberg, at http://www.afb.org/ebook.asp

http://www.afb.org/mlkweb.asp

Learn how to make accessible software at
http://www.afb.org/accessapp.asp