ultrasonix

UltraSonix isn't going to be anything very usable anytime soon, if ever. I
would further hazard the guess that no unix gui variant is going to
provide much in the way of end user usability for at least a year.

So, if you want the power and stability of linux, best get acquainted with
the command line. Fortunately, it will not be wasted effort. Even in the
gui, unix folks tend to be in what's called "terminal" mode a lot.

If what you mean by Windows is the ability to arrow up and down in order
to make choices--the ability to check a box or remove its check, that kind
of functionality actually exists in applications like Pine, Lynx and even
emacs. Just because it isn't gui doesn't mean you can't work off of a menu
of choices.

--

				Janina Sajka, Director
				Technology Research and Development

Email: janina@afb.net		Phone: (202) 408-8175

Chair, Accessibility SIG
Open Electronic Book Forum (OEBF)
http://www.openebook.org

Surpassing Gutenberg, at http://www.afb.org/ebook.asp

http://www.afb.org/mlkweb.asp

Learn how to make accessible software at
http://www.afb.org/accessapp.asp