ssh

No because you need to set up both ends of the connection
to perform authentication.

The ssh packages include scp or secure copy. I use this only
when copying files to and from one of my accounts to another
over the internet. I use scp so that I don't need to expose my
password.

For most internet file transfers, ftp is fine because most
use anonymous ftp.  If you have to transfer files to or from a
machine which requires you to vhave a login and password you are better
off using ssh/scp with that machine.

rudy