question about cygwin

On Tue, 20 Nov 2001, Thomas Stivers wrote:

 > Hi all, sorry this question isn't strictly about linux. I am installing
 > cygwin and I would like to know if it will give me access to my ext2 file
 > system. If so that will save me a lot of headaches and reboots as I convert
 > to linux and yet still have to do some things in windows. Thanks in advance
Eh, I don't think so.
Unless it is possible to compile mount under cygwin and also the
ext2-kernelmod.
What you rpobably better can do is the following:
1. create a dir on your win32 (vfat) drive
2. mount your windoz-pratition under linux
If you have installed windows on a winnt-fs this will NOT work better then
readonly from linux.