Braille Lite Settings for brltty

On Mon, 19 Nov 2001, John J. Boyer wrote:

> Hello,
> Any Braille Lite 40 and brltty user, please tell me if it is necessary to do
> anything except set the Braille Lite 40 to speech box mode with dots
> 345-chord and p-chord. That is all that is necessary for Jaws, but maybe
> brltty is more sensitive.

You shouldn't need anything else.  However, it might be a possibility that
your serial cable is flaky and picking up interferences.  You could try
lowering the baudrate in BrailleLite/brlconf.h to something like B4800 and
match that setting on your device, even if the default 9600 bauds should be
quite safely low already.

Nicolas