Problems with Brltty

hello,
I have just installed Redhat 7.1 on my second hard drive, with brltty and no
speech. When the boot process starts I quickly get a message saying "redhat
something". then amother message and another that go by too fast to read.
Then the message "looking for new hardware", then two dot 6's and the
letters a and t. If I type a letter on the computer keyboard, the login
message may come up. But sometimes I have to press the advance bars to find
it. The Braille display doesn't seem to be tracking the line where the
cursor is, though it does show dots 78 for the cursor. If I do something
like ls I usually have to press the same end of the same advance bar twice
to get the display to move. And it is beeping frequently.
Any  help would be appreciated. I really can't do much with my new Linux
until brltty behaves consistently.
Thanks.
John

Computers to Help People, Inc.