the Papenmeir device that was supposed to be coming out

Well, believe me, I do take what you say back to the manufacturer. I do it
on even a much more personal level. I was blind and a consumer way before I
got into this business. I totally understand the frustration of not being
able to afford the technology we need or for that matter want.

       I just try to offer the best products I can at the best price I can.
When I started selling the Papenmeier displays they were priced much higher
than some other brands. I continued to sell them because I truly believed
that the quality of the product justified a somewhat higher price. I never
stopped urging them to lower their prices though. Now their displays are
very competitively priced, so at least we've made some progress. In real
dollars the price of adaptive technology is going down. The prices have
dropped some and when you figure in inflation that decrease is more
significant. It still certainly isn't enough though.

    You are correct that we can influence the price of technology. Just not
as much as either you or I would like. We'll all keep trying though.
Tommy