the Papenmeir device that was supposed to be coming out

Wow, would that likely work in the system's linux support? My laptop isn't
working real good for audio, as the dectalk feeds an overtone in to the
system whenever it's port is accessed, even when pulling the cable out and
all. The port must be giving the noise.