Installing ViaVoice with soundcard based on chip Via 82CXXXX

Ad far as I am aware, ViaVoice will only work with the OSS sound drivers
for older sound cards like the SB/16 and the AWE 32/64 cards. ViaVoice
doesn't work with the ALSA sound drivers. Who knows what kind of sound
card you have in a laptop, probably some kind of on-board sound chip that
is proprietary. Good luck. Maybe someone else can help you.

--
Bill Gaughan
wgaughan@snet.net