Custom

On Sat, 10 Nov 2001, Dave Mielke wrote:

> [quoted lines by Janina Sajka on November 10, 2001, at 10:34]
>
> >with a Redhat installation, the scripts will create
> >/lib/modules/2.4.X-Ycustom as appropriate. So, at least with Redhat, this
> >is actually not a problem.
>
> This isn't specific to RedHat. It's the way the kernel make file works. If the
> proper build procedure is used, the correct modules will be found in the
> correct directory which will have been created.

Hi, Dave:

The question was about the addition of the word "custom" to the directory
name, and the kernel name, I may add. As far as I know, that is new to
Redhat in its Enigma release numbered 7.2. Makefiles previous to Enigma
defaulted to no specification in the EXTRAVERSION part of the naming
scheme. Before now, that value was just blank in Redhat, at least. Now it
has a default value.

Of course, it's trivial to go change the value, should someone wish. This
is the point of my message.

--

				Janina Sajka, Director
				Technology Research and Development

Email: janina@afb.net		Phone: (202) 408-8175

Chair, Accessibility SIG
Open Electronic Book Forum (OEBF)
http://www.openebook.org

Surpassing Gutenberg, at http://www.afb.org/ebook.asp

http://www.afb.org/mlkweb.asp

Learn how to make accessible software at
http://www.afb.org/accessapp.asp