Custom

Wow, this is exactly similar to what I had with redhat when using the boot
disk kernel. Since it had the -2BOOT at the end, my modules wouldn't load,
the system was quite useless, couldn't even mount my fat32 partition to
download new kernel source to the linux one. I tried the obvious symbolic
link thing, and got unresolved symbols all over the place. I wonder if you
end up with those too? I wish there was a boot disk around that had
everything one needed to access fat partitions. However, I used windows to
download the new kernel rpm's from speakup.octothorp.org, and used
slackware boot disks to put them in place. Without those, I'd have been
like a fish out of water unless I split the kernel source in to floppy
sized chunks.