Command Line Converter

On Tue, 06 Nov 2001, Tony Baechler <tony@baechler.net> wrote:

> Hello.  I think something like this would work without sound:
>
> mpg123 file.mp3 >file.wav
Mpg123 has its own option to write to a wave file and needs no soundcard,
it's the "-w" switch; so you can do something like:
$ mpg123 -w file.wav file.mp3
Mpg123 isn't the only mp3 decoder able to do that, many others can...

You can also write to a raw file if the decoder supports outputting to stdout,
with mpg123 you can do:
$ mpg123 -s file.mp3 >file.raw

And of course, if you need to convert the data, sox is your friend and you
can even use it in a pipe, all this without any need of a sound card.

Hope this helps...