possible problems with apt-get AND installing dhcpcd

Well, in my case, I had been told to take out the lines in my sources.list
that didn't pertain to the testing files or security; when I restored the
original sources.list that still had the test file locations put first, I
could then access packages that don't have an upgraded version in testing
or unstable. This at least appears to give me the best of both worlds and
doesn't appear to be downgrading anything.
I don't know that'd I'd want to do unstable at this point, but I like
doing the testing version, pitfalls notwithstanding.

                              Cheryl