getting pump to bring up my connection during boot

On Thu, 1 Nov 2001, Kenny Hitt wrote:

 > Hi.  I never could get that file to work.  Everything I read said
 > /etc/network/interfaces should have the line
 > iface eth0 inet dhcp
This is the correct syntax
you probably need one or 2 extra paramters,
here's the setup we used on one linux-box connecting to a dsl-link using
dhcp/client
/etc/network/interfaces says:
auto eth0
iface eth0 inet dhcp
  hostname stratus.demon.nl
\replace the hostname as listed here, the auto command tells the ifup
command to auto-configure the interface upon calling
/etc/dhclient.conf lists no option
Hope this info helps