Documentation of command-line utils on RedHat

For those with vision problems I recommend using command pinfo as in
pinfo adduser

here is a fragment of man page for pinfo

pinfo - curses based lynx-style info browser

DESCRIPTION
This  is  a  program  for  viewing info files. You specify
which page you want to read  by  passing  it  an  infopage
argument.  This argument contains the name of an info page
(i.e. 'bash').  The program will then search for it in ./,
/usr/info, and /usr/local/info.  It will also automaticaly
add  the  suffix  '-info',   '-info.Z',   '-info.gz',   or
'-info.bz2'.   At  present  other  suffixes are not recognized,
but you can easily add them to the  function  open=AD
info() in filehandling_functions.c.

When  the  search for info pages fails, man is called with
the infopage argument, and it's output is parsed by pinfo.
This  means  that when you don't have the appropriate info
page, but have a man page instead; the man  page  will  be
viewed.

First time I saw it in RedHat 7.1.

The advantage of pinfo over man pages or info is in it's easy navigation
with arrow keys to other man pages when referenced in the text.

On Fri, Dec 21, 2001 at 11:27:04AM +0000, Tim Pennick wrote:
>=20
> Hi All,
>=20
> I read a posting on this list recently about the excellent quality of t=
he
> documentation released with Red Hat Linux 7.2.  I thought this was in
> connection with command line utilities such as userdel and useradd, but
> impressed as I am with the RH documentation, and with the distribution =
in
> general, looking in the reference guide, I can only find descriptions o=
> adding and deleting users using the GUI method.  Is there a section som=
ewhere
> I've missed about sys-admin using command-line? =20
>=20
> Many Thanks (Oh yes and a Merry Christmas and happy new year to all)
>=20
> Tim Pennick

Merry Christmas and happy New Year

--=20