questions regarding transferring files from braillelite to linuxsystem and re: dosemu

1. Is there a way to transfer files between my linux system and
braillelite (both ways) without using pcdisk, which is a dos program? I
have been experimenting with modem protocols but haven't gotten anything
to work so far.
2. Has anybody gotten pcdisk and/or megadots to work with dosemu? If so,
are there any special instructions about getting these to work that you
can give me?
I don't have dosemu up right now, but at one point I did; I was able to
get pcdisk to run and say it was working on com1, but when I pressed the
s-chord on the blt I got "storage device missing".
3. Despite perusing the documentation, I am still a bit confused about
dosemu. I have dos6.22 on my dos partition; do I have to use freedos or
can I use my dos6.22. If I can use dos6.22 on my dos partition, can I use
it as is or do I need to make changes to the config.sys and autoexec.bat
files or other components in dos?
Thanks.

Cheryy