Network and router question

Hi,
If I understand what you want to do, you
should read the masquerading howto.
Basicly, you set up a private network  on your
ethernett and masquerade that private network to the world
using your connection to the internet over ppp0.
If you have a 486 its fine, but  it is not needed.
I cannot remember all the details, but i have done it.
the most tricky part was to enable ipv4 packet forwarding.
This approach requires that you have ethernet cards in both your linux
boxes.
hth Willem
On Sat, 15 Dec
2001, Cheryl