Mail header problems (was: Re: A Bunch of Questions)

Well no one wants to see all the crap in the full headers, so
they are almost always turned off, unless there is some problem
with getting things through.  All kinds of virtual hosting and
masqing is so routine, that it doesn't even matter, really.  Your
ISP and the other mail relays are going to make sure that such
things are there anyway, and there's little you can do about it:
would you really want to have problems tracing the source of a
transport problem (and they do happen)?

Save yourself a lot of grief, and leave the mail header munging
stuff to the spammers.  You'll come to appreciate the extra info
with time, when it's needed.  Mostly, people will never notice,
unless you spam them.  If you do screw with the headers enough to
keep the spam filters from authenticating your stuff, you will
find various sites dropping and bouncing your mail.  Without such
filters the internet would quickly become unusable, with the
flood of trash.

LCR

--
L. C. Robinson